Which drive

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:26 PM
It better to record and convert to the same drive or is it better to use different drives/partitions for recorded material and converted material?

Wayne
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2014 at 9:36 PM
search the forum, this question has been answered in detail.

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2014 at 3:16 AM
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 4/21/2014 at 8:16 PM
Apr 22, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Thanx,rboy1.

The question was a curiosity. I did a Bing search before posting because it was a general question relating to all converters. I didn't find anything; so I decided to post to this forum because it was MCE Buddy that I had an issue with.

I usually schedule our conversions overnight and the next morning everything is converted and I don't bother looking at logs.The other night I had 5 shows to convert which didn't complete overnight and I noticed they were taking 8 hours to convert a one hour HDTV program. I used 1280x720 and normal MP4 output with no other manipulations in MCE Buddy. The 6GB show was converted to about 1.5GB. I use your donator version and both cores are at maximum core usage. This machine doesn't use CUDA. Usually I do fast MP4 and a one hour show takes about an hour

I haven't done any conversions since; so I'm not sure what the problem was. Maybe the transmission quality. Also, I deleted the logs
because the log file had gotten extremely large.

Wayne
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2014 at 3:51 AM
8 hours is something not right, usually it'll take about the same time as the show if you're converting with good quality of half as much with normal/fast quality.

Will need to see your log file to see what going on. Zip it up and upload it to a site like dropbox to analyze it. Also, MCEBuddy automatically removes old logs (you can adjust this in the settitngs, how many days to keep logs), so you odn't need ot keep deleting them manually.

Are you using multiple simultaneous conversions? Again one conversion log will help
Apr 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM
I allow for simultaneous conversions. I realize that doing conversions one at a time is preferable but I'm not in a hurry for the conversions and I prefer to automate the process overnite. Until the recent issue this overnite simultaneous conversion has worked for me.

I don't have any logs to send you but if it happens again I'll be sure to save the logs for uploading.