This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Audio conversion problem

May 2, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Hi

I'm using 2.3.12 to covert a couple of MPEG-2 files in .TS containers to DIVX using a quality based conversion the sound is being converted to MP3 at the same bit rate and sampling. The files were recorded from UK Freeview using MediaPortal.

The audio is not being converted, one file appears to have no audio at all and the other only has an audio description track after conversion.

Playing the original files there appears to be some corruption at the very start of the file, although playing them in Media Player 12 and MediaCenter, both recover in a few seconds.

I've tried increasing the -ss value in the profile to 10 and then to 30 to try and jump over the error but it doesn't seem to make any difference, still no audio.

I've uploaded the log for one of the files to the following link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0c_ymiNgQNJQW5rVUJIUERsVVE/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance
May 2, 2014 at 2:01 AM
Sorry

just to add I have used this profile without problem to convert other files with this specification without problem.

Thanks
May 2, 2014 at 3:17 AM
The reason you aren't seeing audio is that MCEBuddy is selecting the wrong audio track (visually impaired) which has no audio in it.

Source:
> Stream #0:1[0x40](eng): Audio: mp2 ([3][0][0][0] / 0x0003), 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 256 kb/s
> Stream #0:2[0x41](eng): Audio: mp2 ([3][0][0][0] / 0x0003), 48000 Hz, mono, s16p, 64 kb/s (visual impaired)

Selection: (you can't override it either since both audio tracks are eng language)
> WARNING 2014-04-29T12:27:53 MCEBuddy.VideoProperties.VideoInfo --> No audio language selected, letting encoder choose best audio language

Converted:
> 2014-04-29T13:23:49 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpegMediaInfo --> Audio channels = 1

I would suggest that you update to 2.3.15, this issue has been since been fixed with the underlying encoders as well as MCEBuddy. FFMPEG and the underlying encoders as well the core program have undergone over 500+ bug fixes.

Given the age of the 2.3.12 there is little we can do to support it.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 5/4/2014 at 9:51 AM
May 2, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I don't want to waste your time on something that you cannot fix in this version, but would you humour me with one more question?

I've checked the files that don't work and those that do and they all have the same layout, the first audio stream is the one I want and the second is the audio described stream, so why does it pick the right stream on some videos and the wrong one on others?

Thanks
May 2, 2014 at 3:32 PM
it's complicated, videos mark default streams which are not always correct, that's what has been taken care of in newer versions with more sophisticated evaluation algorithms.