This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Startup and cropping question

May 30, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Forgive me for asking two questions in one post.

The MCEBuddy service starts as soon as I boot up, I often have incomplete conversions left over from the night before and it is taking 10 or more minutes before my system becomes responsive, is there any way to stop processing from starting until some time after system start, maybe 15 minutes. I leave the conversions paused when I close down but this does not seem to be passed through.

In regard to cropping is there any way to do cropping when there are top and bottom black bars but not when there are left and right ones. I often record 4:3 content that is in a 16:9 video (pre widescreen TV) and I don't want to have them stretched, however, for films (top and bottom) the bars can be removed as the system does not stretch them.

Thanks
Coordinator
May 30, 2014 at 4:21 PM
No the engine pause state is not saved. You can set mcebuddy service to start up as automatic delayed in the service control manager.

Cropping unfortunately is not selective. You can setup a new conversion task with some filters for identify these shows and then disable cropping for the task.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 6/2/2014 at 3:58 PM
May 30, 2014 at 4:58 PM
I've set the service to delayed start, I'll post back if it makes any difference.

For the cropping I guess I'll have to set up another profile.

Thanks