This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Quick Questions before I get started

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:39 AM
Hello, I have some quick questions that I was hoping I could get some help with.

I might have a different use case than some as I'm not using MediaCenter to record shows.

For a while now I've been using PlayLater to grab some streaming content that I can use on the road and then throw up on Plex as well.

One thing that kills my OCD is that they put a intro and outro with my email address and IP address on each video recorded. I understand why they put it there and it really doesn't hurt anything but is there any way to use MCEBuddy to trim the first and last 8 seconds off of a show and remove commercials automatically? All of the shows are recorded in MP4 format.

Probably a simple use case:
Remove first and last 10 seconds
Remove commercials

All MP4 video. I don't want to change the format, just trim them.

I understand I would need to get the early access build of MCEBuddy and ComSkip and I'm ok with that.

Thanks

Josh
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2014 at 4:23 AM
In your conversion task Settings -> Set commercial removal to Comskip (or Showanalyzer depending upon what works better for you) to remove commercials.

To trim the first 10 seconds, under the Advanced Settings -> Expert Settings page select Start Trim and enter 10, similar to remove the last 10 seconds, set the End Trim.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 7/15/2014 at 7:26 PM
Jul 14, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Thank you.
Jul 29, 2014 at 8:08 PM
rboy1 wrote:
In your conversion task Settings -> Set commercial removal to Comskip (or Showanalyzer depending upon what works better for you) to remove commercials. To trim the first 10 seconds, under the Advanced Settings -> Expert Settings page select Start Trim and enter 10, similar to remove the last 10 seconds, set the End Trim.
One more question on this. I finally got around to try it out.

How long should it take to just trim 5 seconds on the front and back and that is all. Seems be taking about 8 minutes or so. I don't want to re-encode the file, just trim it.

I'm probably missing something terribly easy as I just started playing around with it.

Thanks

Josh
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Try enabling Skip Remuxing in the expert settings page. By default all files are remuxed which takes a few minutes.

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll try that.

What about setting the profile to MP4 unprocessed? Does that do something similar?
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2014 at 7:07 PM
It just doesn't recode. All profiles recode unless marked unprocessed