This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

MCEBuddy, hardware acceleration, Gigabyte AMD Radon 7850 2GB

Aug 4, 2014 at 4:43 PM
rboy1, I searched for advice on hardware acceleration for a Radon 7850 video card I added to my machine and found some of yours last year. You advised the newest cli version of handbrake. I downloaded the latest version for Windows xp x64 and installed to /MCEBuddy2x/handbrake/ but watching my taskmanager all transcoding seems to be getting done by the processors. I tried incorporating the changes mentioned in those posts changing two handbrake lines but still processor transcoding.

I see there's mention that to get hardware acceleration one must have a newer class Intel CPU and use a later version of Windows so I expect I'm not going to get transcoding with my videocard with Windows XP and a Foxconn AMD processor board.

Since I'm upgrading my system which CPU and chipset would you advise to use? Which version of Windows? Will a Seagate hybrid drive get me much improvement over a good Seagate SATA2 drive?

Thanks for your posts.
Aug 4, 2014 at 5:14 PM
For intel chipset hardware acceleration performance comparison see the thread on hardware FAQ.

For windows I would advise windows 7 or 8.1

Can't speak or the hard drive. But I would expect the hybrid to provide better performance. However if you're using single conversions and not using unprocessed profile you may not see much difference.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 8/11/2014 at 7:43 AM