This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multiple Conversion tasks - run at different times of the day

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM
I'm running the donator version (MCEbuddy and Comskip) along with WMC and remote XBMC clients.

Server for WMC/MCEbuddy is Windows 8.1 i7 4770/GTX 645. Hdhomerun Cablecard unit is the source.

I have configured a 'WTV Unprocessed' task that strips that adverts out as soon as a recording finishes. Works perfectly (thank you). An hour long show is 'stripped' in under 10 mins with minimal CPU overhead.

What I would ideally like to do is add a second 'MP4' conversion task that runs at a fixed time on shows that I want to keep.

So the workflow would be:

As soon as recording finishes - run WTV unprocessed/strip adverts
1am - convert the 'important' recordings to MP4 High quality. Move to Unraid Server

Running the MP4 conversion results in high CPU which impacts the remote XBMC clients viewing the stream/recordings . This is why I would like to run that task overnight.

Is there a way to configure this without requiring a separate windows machine running a second copy of MCEbuddy? Everything else in the network is MAC/Linux aside from the one Windows server. :)

Thanks again for the great app.

Tolax
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Currently there only 2 ways to do this:
  1. Like you said use 2 different machines one for each task
  2. Use the scheduler, to run mcebuddy at your desired time (night etc). There is only 1 scheduler, but you can create 2 conversions tasks and Daisy chain them. so the output of one feeds into the other (search the forum for details). Also on 1st conversion task (unprocessed) under expert conversion task settings enable priority to add to top of queue, that way stripping takes priority over conversion.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 8/11/2014 at 7:43 AM