Convert WTV to TS plays fine but unable to seek forward or backward

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Just enrolled into early access and acquired version 2.3.15. This latest version is extremely fast when it comes to converting unprocessed WTV to TS which is great but I'm still finding I can't seek properly on both my Samsung and LG TV sets utilizing Plex (Windows Server). Would anyone here have an ideas on what I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks!!!
Coordinator
Aug 16, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Are you able to seek using the file from the regular TS profile? (not unprocessed)
Aug 16, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Converting it now to TS MPEG2.... Not a very fast machine Mac Mini 2010 Server Core 2 Duo. On a side note I'm able to play the WTV file directly on my Samsung without recoding it and seeking works perfectly.

EDIT

Something is not right.... the TS MPEG2 conversion is way to fast and the file is only 65 Mbytes when it should be 4.5 GBytes. Perhaps a bug in version 15, any other suggestions?

EDIT 2

Tried another recording and this time it recoded the entire file. But the results are the same with TS MPEG2 as well. I can seek forward once but its completely random. Sometimes seeking ahead 6 minutes and other times 35 minutes in advance. But once it seeks the first time it no longer seeks anymore.

Perhaps both sets don't support seeking with the TS container. Which format do you re-encode WTV files that allow forward/backward seeking?

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

EDIT 3

I found that MKV Unprocessed works perfectly!!! This new profile is exactly what I was looking for! What a great app!!!
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 8/19/2014 at 9:05 AM
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 4:05 PM
MKV and MP4 are best for Samsung TV's.

Can you upload a copy of the original file that doesn't seem to be working with the TS MPEG2 profile? You can directly upload to the MCEBuddy server in the UPLOAD directory. See the ReadMe sticky thread for details (you can use FTP or Windows Explorer)