This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Upgrading computer today.

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:29 PM
I have ordered a new motherboard and cpu today for my HTPC server. I will be using an ASUS Q87M-E motherboard and an Intel i3-4130T (HD 4400).

What I need to know is how do I reinstall mcebuddy without losing any mcebuddy data?

Do I just copy the whole mcebuddy folder? Do I need to reassign hard drive names/letters?

This looks like it could be an all day challenge without some guidance. I have a spare hdd I could experiment with until my stuff arrives this evening.

Looking forward to any prompt replies. I checked the discussions and they seem to be for upgrading mcebuddy and not a new computer using old hard drives (5 drives total).

I'm using win7 ultimate x64. I could switch to win8 pro w/mce x64 if it would be faster easier more efficient recording/conversion. If win8.1 is server/networking friendly.
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM
If you are using the same hard disk the nothing is to be done. Assuming mcebuddy is installed on the system partition (c) then if windows works mcebuddy will work. Now your destination paths and monitor paths drives change then open the settings on your new computer and verify the settings and paths.

If you are going to new installation I windows then just save MCEBuddy.conf (and any other custom files you may have installed like comskip ini or custom profiles).

One the new mcebuddy is installed. Stop the engine. Replace the files and click start. Then open settings and verify the paths.

Simple enough.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 8/22/2014 at 4:56 PM
Aug 26, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Okay, I think I finally got everything converted to the new machine.

I got to thinking and MCEBuddy was all pre-configured for me except the renaming of tv shows to show the name, season, and episode. and I just copied that tiny line and pasted that part into the GUI.

I then Googled on how to backup the recording schedule from Media Center was simple enough to use a built-in windows command loadmxf.exe to import it

Boy, I thought this was going to be a nightmare, but it rather simple.

Here's the link I found to do it for anyone else needing to do this.

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/03/backup-and-restore-recording-schedule.html