This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't output to Linux server destination folder

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Edited Aug 29, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Hi,

Just as the subject line says, I can't get MCEBuddy to output my converted videos to my Linux server. I've even got the desired drive mapped on the Windows computer that is running MCEBuddy. I've put my linux credentials in when prompted by MCEBuddy.

Any idea what might be going wrong here?

Thanks a lot.
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Windows mapped don't work work in MCEBuddy (Mapped drives run in Session 1 and MCEBuddy runs in Session 0)

You need to enter the full NAS path in MCEBuddy (\\linuxserver\destination) destination folder and then enter the credentials also there by clicking on the little key button next to the destination folder.

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Edited Aug 29, 2014 at 2:10 PM
I actually tried that already. That doesn't work either. Here's my setup:

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p794/poshko41/mce_zps297754b3.png

Any idea what I might be missing?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Why do you have a domain name set to "SERVER". The documentation states clearly that this only to be used if you're running a Domain server and NOT a workgroup. Do you have a Domain server running for authentication?

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:21 PM
No. I didn't catch that part in the documentation. >.>

Do I need to rename my server?
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 2:42 PM
If you hover over the text "Domain" on the GUI it will mention not to enter this if your computer is part of a workgroup. Anyways in the next build we're putting a pop up warning and instructions if you enter a Domain name.

99.9999% of users aren't using a Windows Domain Controller for authentication, they are part of a Workgroup.

Your server is called "SERVER" and it on a Workgroup likely. You don't need to enter anything here if your computer is on a Workgroup.

Just remove SERVER from the Domain text box (leave it blank) and it should work fine.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 8/30/2014 at 7:56 AM