This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Identifying Masterpiece Series Names

Sep 2, 2014 at 2:40 AM
This is my first post here. I've been using Mcebuddy for a while now. It's a fantastic program and I appreciate the ongoing development and support.

I'm having trouble getting Mcebuddy to properly identify the Masterpiece Mystery/Classic series (on PBS in the US). I've tried the 'correction' option with no luck. I think the problem is that in the original WTV file, the title field is "Masterpiece Mystery", and the subtitle field contains the actual show and episode name. Any suggestions?

Here's a couple of logs - https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4ibutel2s9mbfu/MasterpieceLogs.zip?dl=0
Sep 2, 2014 at 3:26 AM
The logs are empty, set them to debug and try again.


Sep 5, 2014 at 11:30 PM
I've got a debug log here - http://goo.gl/P1tF0g
Sep 6, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Okay so what you said is correct, MCE for some reason is messing up your subtitle and Title. It putting Masterpiece Mystery! in your title and the subtitle contains Sherlock : <Episode Name> which is why it can' match anything online when looking for the metadata.

There isn't anything you can do to fix MCE but this should work.

Create one more Metadata Title Match filter and change:
Masterpiece Mystery!
to
Sherlock

This will correct the Title and should enable the basic title match. Now the problem is that subtitle won't match directly since it contains the word: Sherlock: which shouldn't be there.

I noticed your OriginalBroadcastDate is showing up correctly for each episode, e.g. for A Study in Pink it shows OriginalBroadcastDateTime: 2010-10-24T00:00:00

This should allow MCEBuddy to match by broadcast date instead of Title.

Try it (correct the title) and then run it.

If you're facing an issue, then create a separate task just for Sherlock (filter by showname), enter the Title Correction to correct the Title and check the box that says prefer broadcast time match instead of title in the metadata correction page (this will force mcebuddy to use the originalbroadcast date instead of the episode name to match).

If it doesn't post the updated log back here (though I think it'll work).


Marked as answer by rboy1 on 9/8/2014 at 10:54 PM
Oct 28, 2014 at 3:08 AM
Thanks for your suggestion. It works, and would solve my problem if Sherlock were the only Masterpiece show that I record. Unfortunately MCE names most of the Masterpiece shows with the title and subtitle as part of the subtitle field, so MCEBuddy identifies all the Masterpiece shows named this way as Sherlock.

I was thinking that a possible solution would be to correct the metadata before MCEBuddy processes the file. I tried to create a Powershell script to do this, but couldn't get it to work mainly because I couldn't find an example of how to use Powershell to modify file metadata that I understood. When I have a chance I'm going to try it with Python since I'm much more familiar with it. If I get something working I'll share it here.
Oct 28, 2014 at 4:32 AM
Repeat the same process for each show. From the sound of it looks like your EPG is off. Media center allows your to pick different EPG while setting up your tv tuner cards. Try selecting a different one