This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is it possible to process the same source twice for Plex and Media Center?

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Hello, I use Windows Media Center and Plex and would like to implement the following "workflow" once a WTV recording is made by the Windows Media Center:
  1. Copy/Rename WTV file without any changes so that Plex would understand it. This simply entails following a specific naming structure.
  2. Process the same source to convert the WTV file to MP4, removing commercials, and renaming according to Plex rules. I want to use this to play file on iOS devices off a wireless drive that I have.
  3. Delete the Original file upon success of 1&2.
Either 1 or 2 on their own is easy enough. The issue is doing both. "Delete Original" and "Archive Original" are not per-task options. If I chose to archive, and use first task to just copy/rename, second task will not look into archive folder. If I delete the original, then the second task will delete the first copy/rename because it would be its original.

Is there a way to do what I want?
thanks in advance.
--vlad
Sep 6, 2014 at 5:14 AM
Setup 2 tasks on the same monitor folder. One for just rename and the other for conversion. Then select delete original.

If both tasks are successful then the original will be delete otherwise not. (Same goes for archive). Don't try to daisy chain it. Setup both tasks on the same source file.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 9/8/2014 at 10:55 PM