This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

"Unprocessed" modified files no longer managed by "keep until"

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:59 AM
Hi

I like to use MCE's built in library management (keep X episodes or what have you). As soon as I started trying out MCEBuddy and keeping files in the library this management stopped. I am not moving stuff to Videos etc. As far as I can see the exact filenames and metadata are preserved.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2014 at 5:28 AM
What profile are you using and where is the output?

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:38 AM
Unprocessed, and the target is the same root folder, (in place conversion)
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2014 at 4:39 PM
I'm assuming you mean WTV Unprocessed. It's possible this doesn't work because it doesn't recognize the output as the original file (even through metadata is the same).
Possibly the timestamp is differnet, is there any delay in the processing (v/s recording time)

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/1/2014 at 8:13 PM
Sep 11, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Yes, WTV unprocessed. No I'm not using a delay. (Of course the date stamp ends up being different since the processing takes time)
What's confusing to me is, since the filename is exactly the same, it stays in the library seemingly detected as the same original file.
Sep 11, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Maybe 7MC is using the NTFS change journal to detect the alteration to the file and then kicking it out of the pool that it manages.
Sep 12, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Am I the only person that keeps my MCE recordings in MCE recorded tv rather than moving it into videos and having to manage it myself?
Does anyone have 'keep until' functionality working with mce buddy?
Sep 12, 2014 at 8:36 PM
I run the Unprocessed profile on everything in my RecordedTV directory (to generate EDL files for commercial skipping), but I don't use the Keep Until feature. I've never tried it.
Sep 12, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Side note - How do you use "Unprocessed" to only produce EDL files? I wanted to do that originally and could not find a way to do it. It seems like cutting and detecting commercials are tied together aren't they?
Sep 12, 2014 at 11:16 PM
There is a setting you can use to direct ComSkip to only evaluate a file and generate a file(s) describing what it detected, rather than actually cutting out what it thought were commercials. Since I'm using the DVRMS Toolbox 7MC addon that allows live commercial skipping but which requires an XML rather EDL file, I also had to tweak comskip.ini for that purpose. I might have also had to edit it directly to enable EDL file generation, I can't recall.

from MCEBuddy.conf:
[GenerateJustEDLFiles]
Profile=WTV Unprocessed
DestinationPath=D:\Recorded TV
WorkingPath=
FallbackDestination=False
CheckReprocessingHistory=False
AddToiTunesLibrary=False
AddToWMPLibrary=False
AutoIncrementFilename=False
SkipReprocessing=False
MaxWidth=1920
FPS=
VolumeMultiplier=0.8
QualityMultiplier=1
RenameBySeries=False
AltRenameBySeries=False
CustomRenameBySeries=
RenameOnly=False
DownloadSeriesDetails=False
DownloadBanner=True
FileSelection=
MetaSelection=
MetaChannelSelection=
MonitorTaskNames=NewRecordedTV
DRC=False
AudioLanguage=eng
AudioOffset=0
InsertQueueTop=False
ExtractXML=False
WriteMetadata=True
AutoDeInterlace=False
PreferHardwareEncoding=True
StereoAudio=True
EncoderSelectBestAudioTrack=False
DisableCropping=False
StartTrim=0
EndTrim=0
ExtractCC=
CCOffset=2.5
EmbedSubtitlesChapters=True
PrioritizeOriginalBroadcastDateMatch=False
TaskCommercialSkipCut=True
SkipCopyBackup=False
SkipRemux=False
IgnoreCopyProtection=True
TiVOMAKKey=
Enabled=True
ForceShowType=Default
MetaShowTypeSelection=Default
MetaDRMTypeSelection=All
CommercialRemoval=Comskip
ComskipINI=
DomainName=
UserName=
MetaCorrectionsCount=0

[NewRecordedTV]
SearchPath=D:\Recorded TV
SearchPattern=*.dvr-ms;*.wtv;*.asf;*.avi;*.divx;*.dv;*.flv;*.gxf;*.m1v;*.m2v;*.m2ts;*.m4v;*.mkv;*.mov;*.mp2;*.mp4;*.mpeg;*.mpeg1;*.mpeg2;*.mpeg4;*.mpg;*.mts;*.mxf;*.ogm;*.ts;*.vob;*.wmv;*.tp;*.tivo
MonitorSubdirectories=True
MonitorConvertedFiles=False
ReMonitorRecordedFiles=False
DomainName=
UserName=
From comskip.ini:
output_edl=1
output_dvrmstb=1            ; Set to 1 if you're running DVRMS-Toolbox
That is what I use (along with the Toolbox addon) to skip commercials while watching rather than cutting them and it works quite well (as well as ComSkip can manage to detect them, anyway). Some of those task details you might want to change for your purpose, like the MaxWidth setting etc.
Sep 13, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Edited Sep 13, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Thanks, that should be helpful if I can't solve this library management problem.

EDIT: oops, I realized you can't test 'keep X episodes' breaking or not because you're not cutting commercials :)

thanks
Coordinator
Sep 13, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Actually it's simpler, goto the Expert Settings section of the Conversion Task Options and select the Option -> Skip cutting ad's
this will generate the EDL file without cutting the actual video.

Sep 14, 2014 at 7:40 PM
rboy1 wrote:
Actually it's simpler, goto the Expert Settings section of the Conversion Task Options and select the Option -> Skip cutting ad's this will generate the EDL file without cutting the actual video.
Is the original problem something you could fix?

Is this not intended to be used keeping recordings within MCE's recorded tv?
Coordinator
Sep 15, 2014 at 1:48 AM
Unfortunately that's a MCE issue not MCEBuddy.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/1/2014 at 8:13 PM
Sep 16, 2014 at 2:35 AM
rboy1 wrote:
Hi Rboy

When I check the metadata for a file before MCEBuddy works on it, in "Program Details" / "Action" tab, it shows correctly "Keep Until Space is Needed".
After MCEBuddy modifies the file, this setting is now "Keep Until I Watch".

I assume this is a simple mistake in re-writing the metadata, could you have a look?

thanks
Sep 16, 2014 at 2:48 AM
I wonder the initial default keep-until setting is for Windows 7/8 Media Center? Is it "Keep Until I Watch"? Where and how this is stored I don't know... is it stored as an alternate data stream?

On 2014-09-15 6:35 PM, bluenote wrote:

rboy1 wrote:
Hi Rboy

When I check the metadata for a file before MCEBuddy works on it, in "Program Details" / "Action" tab, it shows correctly "Keep Until Space is Needed".
After MCEBuddy modifies the file, this setting is now "Keep Until I Watch".

I assume this is a simple mistake in re-writing the metadata, could you have a look?

thanks

Sep 16, 2014 at 2:51 AM
I've always used "Keep Until I Delete", and FWIW that choice is still being honored; it hasn't changed for any of the files I've processed like this.

On 2014-09-12 4:15 PM, bluenote wrote:

Thanks, that should be helpful if I can't solve this library management problem.

If you have the time and inclination maybe you'd consider enabling 'keep X episodes' (I use it on the news.. no sense keeping news from last week) and see if it also breaks for you?

thanks