This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MCEBuddy and MediaPortal

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Just an update, we are collaborating with the MediaPortal team to integrate MCEBuddy with TV Server and MediaPortal which will allow for a better user experience.

Right now we're looking the most basic functionaclity of pausing/resuming mcebuddy when a recording or live tv streaming is going on (to avoid disk and cpu contention issues).

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions we are looking forward hearing it.
Oct 5, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Well..I already use mediaportal 1.9 and Mcebuddy....really they work fine together if you set mcebuddy to "low" priority. You can also use the multishortcut plugin to add a menu item to call mcebuddy to view status/pause/edit settings and then when you close mcebuddy you are back in mediaportal... Of course more integration is always a good thing.
Dec 9, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Any chance of having MCEBuddy update the MP database after with the new transcoded file name (and specifically the new extension?)
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Actually this would be a question to post on the MediaPortal forum/devs. They are working on integrating MCEBuddy with MP and this would be a good feature requiest.
Dec 9, 2014 at 1:18 AM
I saw a post from many years ago - but nothing recently

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mcebuddy-what-to-do-for-converted-recordings.92585/

I had a batch file that used to do it years ago (just passed a bunch of batch file parameters and generated an SQL statement)