This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

custom cut + without conversion

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Is it possible to make cuts with out encoding the video ?

from what I can see , you have to un-tick "Rename without conversion" for the trimming to happen - But ! then the encoding ( I don't want ) happens as well.

I record my shows on a microserver, obviously it dosn't have enough grunt for encoding so I just want to trim the recordings - I'm using a beta version of MCEBudy

btw I can't download the latest version - tried a few different days
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response:   220 Welcome to the MCEBuddy server. If you are not a member of the Early Access program you can join at https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/439439
Command:    USER ianmc64
Response:   331 Password required
Command:    PASS *******
Response:   230-You can find the latest builds of MCEBuddy in the EARLY_ACCESS directory.
Response:       If you want to upload files for the developers to analyze, you can put them into the UPLOAD directory. Use the File Splitter to cut up large files before uploading them.
Response:       You will find community shared useful scripts and tools (like custom Comskip INI's, DVBLink metadata extraction etc in the SHARED_INFORMATION folder.
Response:       You can find user guides and documentation at https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/documentation
Response:       For additional questions or support please post your question at https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions
Response:   230 User logged in.
Command:    SYST
Response:   215 Windows_NT
Command:    FEAT
Response:   211-Extended features supported:
Response:    LANG EN*
Response:    UTF8
Response:    AUTH TLS;TLS-C;SSL;TLS-P;
Response:    PBSZ
Response:    PROT C;P;
Response:    CCC
Response:    HOST
Response:    SIZE
Response:    MDTM
Response:    REST STREAM
Response:   211 END
Command:    OPTS UTF8 ON
Response:   200 OPTS UTF8 command successful - UTF8 encoding now ON.
Command:    PWD
Response:   257 "/" is current directory.
Command:    TYPE I
Response:   200 Type set to I.
Command:    PASV
Response:   227 Entering Passive Mode (76,97,229,89,32,244).
Command:    LIST
Response:   150 Opening BINARY mode data connection.
Error:  Connection timed out
Error:  Failed to retrieve directory listing
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Please check it should be working now, there was a configuration problem with Passive FTP (Active was working fine). Also it's better if you use the HTTP website instead of FTP (same URL), easier to use.

If you want to make cuts without reencoding, use the Unprocessed profiles. They will only repackage, not reencode
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/10/2014 at 9:03 AM
Oct 11, 2014 at 8:01 PM
How accurate would the cuts be if there is no encoding? The out cuts will be OK because there will have been a full frame prior to the cut but for the in cuts there won't be a full frame as it will be in the section that has just been cut, surely this will force it to the next full frame which depending on the compression could be 5-10 seconds further forward.