This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Trouble converting a Doctor Who episode

Oct 22, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Edited Oct 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM
First let me say thank you for the Facebook promo, I probably would've stayed on the fence about donating if not for that. Secondly thank you for all of the helpful instructions, now that I'm able to use hardware acceleration my conversions are so much faster.

Converting Into the Dalek (second episode of this season) it ends the video 16 minutes in. I usually do MP4, but I've tried MKV and got the same results. I also tried using show analyzer thinking it might be an issue with commercial detection, same exact spot. I even tried leaving the commercials in. Still stopping in the same spot. Here is a link to the most recent attempts log file Log

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Oct 22, 2014 at 9:36 PM
First up the link isn't working. What version of mcebuddy are you using?

This is a likely an issue with the recording. Recently another user reported something similar and after investigating we found that the recording had an EOF (end of file) in the middle of it which caused mcebuddy to think it's was complete and stop there.

We tried some fixes to ignore the EOF's but they ended up causing other issues. If that is the case with your file (can look at the logs and check, make sure you're using the latest BETA build of 2.4.1), then the only fix it to update your tuner card drivers or get a new tuner card. It's basically a problem with your recording hardware/drivers.
Oct 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Edited Oct 27, 2014 at 7:19 AM
I'm using the latest beta and the latest non-beta drivers for my Ceton Infini TV.

I updated the link in the first post, it works now.
Oct 27, 2014 at 7:41 AM
The issue if your recording hardware/drivers. It putting an EOF in the middle of the file.
2014-10-22T13:01:50 MCEBuddy.RemuxMediaCenter.RemuxMCERecording --> Original file size [KB] -> 4,089,600.00
2014-10-22T13:01:50 MCEBuddy.RemuxMediaCenter.RemuxMCERecording --> Remuxed file size [KB] -> 1,405,550.00

No much anything can do about it, try getting new drivers from Ceton. If you try to convert the file directly using handbrake GUI you'll face the same issue.
If it's playing back on WMP then you can try one thing, in your profile set
ForceWTVStreamsRemuxing=true
It will use Windows filters to remux the file instead of ffmpeg/handbrake. This will only work if you can playback the original file correctly in WMP.
Still long term bet, get better drivers.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/26/2014 at 11:41 PM
Oct 27, 2014 at 7:52 AM
It plays without issue on WMP, so I'll try what you suggested. Thanks
Dec 7, 2014 at 2:56 AM
I'm finally getting around to trying this suggestion and I'm not sure where in the conf file this line should go. Thanks again.
Dec 7, 2014 at 3:03 AM
In the profile section that you're using (e.g. if you're using MP4 Normal, find that section and put it in the section (doesn't matter where in the section)
Dec 7, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Thanks for all the help, but sadly it didn't work. No updated drivers from Ceton are available, but this is the only file I've come across that doesn't work so I'm not too worried about it.
Mar 14, 2015 at 5:33 AM
See this thread also
https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/578547

One solution was to skip remuxing.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/13/2015 at 9:33 PM
Mar 15, 2015 at 4:11 PM
I will try that if it happens again.

Thanks