This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

MCEBuddy cuts into the show

Oct 31, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Hi,

I'm on MCEBuddy version 2.4 Beta 1 (part of the early access program). Over the past few versions, I have noticed that the processing from MCEBuddy cuts into the show both at the beginning and end. Usually, shows have a short 1 minute clip before they break to the ads and
then start the main segment and similarly at the end, after the final ad break, there will be a short 1 minute closing scene.

Those beginning segments get cut out by MCEBuddy (I confirmed they get get recorded and exist before MCEBuddy processing).

I use MCEBuddy to cut commercials and to convert it to MP4.

How can I adjust the settings to make MEEBUddy handle the show properly?

Thanks
Oct 31, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Are you saying Comskip is removing the segments or using mcebuddy custom cuts is removing the segments?
Oct 31, 2014 at 5:04 PM
I guess its comskip. I havent used MCEBuddy custom cuts.
Oct 31, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Just to confirm, it is definitely comskip that i'm using to automatically trigger the MECBuddy processing after a TV recording is complete.
Oct 31, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Edited Oct 31, 2014 at 7:05 PM
In that case you need to tweak comskip.ini which controls how comskip behaves in identifying commercials.
Use the comskip ini GUI editor in the mcebuddy installation directory. You can refer to the comskip tuning guide which can be found in the documentation page under advanced commands.
Likely you will need to edit the minimum commercial length threshold in minutes.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/31/2014 at 11:05 AM
Oct 31, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Oct 31, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Thanks. Will try out today.