This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

RE: SRT Merge with MKV

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I am a recently new user to MCEBuddy and loving it so far, amazing work!

I have my process down for the most part, but am having an issue with .srt files. I am converting from .wtv files to .mkv, and it is pulling the srt files just fine with the "Extract subtitles and closed captions" option selected in the conversion task. Under Expert Settings, I have the "Add subtitles and chapters" option selected, and it integrates the srt file into the mkv just fine. However, it does leave the extracted SRT file in the folder with the MKV as well, which causes Plex to pick up multiple subtitle tracks. If I leave the extract subtitles checkbox off, it won't pick them up at all.

Is there anyway to have MCEBuddy pull the CC from the wtv file, integrate it into the mkv, but not leave the SRT file in the destination folder? Or am I better off running a post conversion command to just delete the extracted SRT?

Thank you so much for the hard work and great product.

Note: I am running MCEBuddy 2.4.1 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Let me know if there's anything I missed.
Coordinator
Nov 1, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Search this forum another user had a similar problem the answer was to write a postcustomcommand (see advanced commands in documentation) which deletes the SRT file from the destination after the conversion is complete.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/31/2014 at 5:29 PM