This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Request: Addition to history check

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Hello,

I wasn't quite sure where to put requests for future versions of MCE.

I was wondering if it would be possible for the 'check history' option would not only look at the history file but also check if a converted file already exists in the destination path.

The reason for my request:

I record a syndicated TV series and, when I recorded Season 2, Episode 5, the recording was horrible. Since it's a syndicated show, I have Media Center programmed to record repeats; hoping for a better quality. But, in order for MCEBuddy to convert the second recording of S02E05, I need to delete the history file. But when you do that, it loses the history for all of the shows that I record.

I just took a look at the history file and I'm guessing I could manually remove the episode(s) I need converted; however, I was hoping for an automated process when multiple episodes need to be converted. This way, I wouldn't lose my history.
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2014 at 2:04 AM
Why are you deleting the history file?

If you click on the Show History link, it'll give you the entire history. If you want to reconvert just a single file, select that conversion and click on reconvert file and it'll just remove that single entry from the history file leading to a reconversion on the next scan.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 11/6/2014 at 7:04 PM
Nov 7, 2014 at 5:14 AM
Wow. I don't know how that's been there but that is the first time I've seen it. Otherwise, I never would have messed with the history file. Thanks for the info
Nov 15, 2014 at 11:52 PM
I archive the original file since my hard drive i use for recording is small. Any suggestion how I can get this to reload the archived file without manually dragging it to the app?
Coordinator
Nov 16, 2014 at 3:49 AM
Mcebuddy will not covert anything in an archive. You need to move it back into the monitor folder.
Nov 24, 2014 at 5:53 AM
So I go to the history link and tell MCEBuddy to reconvert a show. I then move the archived file back to my Recorded TV folder. But, MCEBuddy still acts like the file was already processed and doesn't reprocess the file.

Am I misunderstanding how this works?
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2014 at 12:52 PM
That should work fine. Just hit the rescan button OR wait for 5 minutes for mcebuddy to pick it up. If it still isn't working, upload the file mcebuddy.log and let me know the filename you're trying to reconvert. Check the history file again to ensure the file has been removed from the list.
Nov 26, 2014 at 5:43 AM
I did wait and saw the show in the queue but the app still reports that the show was found in the history and doesn't reprocess the recording.
I was going to attach the log to this thread but I don't seem to have that option here. And when I tried to upload, I can create a folder but it won't let me upload the log files.
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2014 at 6:01 AM
Upload it to dropbox and post the link here
Nov 28, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Coordinator
Nov 28, 2014 at 11:08 PM
That's happening because that's the way you've configured MCEBuddy, your conversion task expert settings you've told MCEBuddy to skip reconverting if the destination file exists. So when it starts to process the file it finds the destination file exists and skips the reconversion but marks it as a successful conversion so it won't reprocess it again.
Skip ReProcessing -> True
INFORMATION> 2014-11-25T22:20:22 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Checking for destination file skip reprocessing
WARNING> 2014-11-25T22:20:22 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Destination file \g54vault\MegaRAID\TV\Arrow\Season 03\S03E07-Draw Back Your Bow.m4v found converted in HISTORY, skipping re-conversion - SUCCESSFUL processing
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 11/28/2014 at 4:08 PM
Nov 28, 2014 at 11:39 PM
I have that checked since I'm recording syndicated shows. This way, it's not processing shows that have already been processed.

I thought that if I had told MCEBuddy to reconvert a show, (through the history window), it would allow me to process the show again. If MCEBuddy had previously created a file for that show, I would delete it before MCEBuddy would attempt to process the selected show.

Am I misunderstanding how this should work?
Coordinator
Nov 29, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Not if the option is checked. You will need to either delete the destination file or uncheck the option. The option basically tells MCEBuddy that if the destination file exists it should not try to reprocess the show. The conversion task options are the final say on the conversion. The decision to reject the conversion is done by the conversion task and not the monitor task. The monitor tasks picks it up because you removed the history. Chain of command here.