This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

No metadata in mp4 high res conversion from tivo

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:18 AM
I am successfully converting my Tivo programs to mp4 transferred with TIVO desktop plus using the slower transfer. But I'm not getting the metadata included in the mp4 file. I have enabled "Write Metadata". Oh, I am using mcebuddy 2.3 release 15. Any help?
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2014 at 3:00 AM
Upload or attach a link to the conversion log. Please read the ReadMe before posting thread.
Nov 7, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Is your server not accepting uploads? Followed instructions for filezilla on readme page:

To Upload Files Using a FTP Client like FileZilla:
Download and install a the FTP client FileZilla
Start FileZilla then copy and paste files.mcebuddy2x.com into the Host field at the top of the page
Enter mcebuddy (all lower caps) in the Username and Password field (the username and password are the same). Then press QuickConnect
Open the folder UPLOAD
Make a new folder to upload your files or you can skip this step if have only one file to upload
Drag the appropriate files from the left pane into the folder

Got the following response from filezilla- Error: Connection timed out. Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing.

I have log file ready to upload when the server will accept it.

Thanks
Nov 8, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Edited Nov 8, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Ok, I put up the link to the log file for your examination. You should be able to retrieve it at TEXT. Hopefully this will help you determined why metadata isn't being transferred to the resultant mp4 file.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Looks like the TivoMetadata extrator is not able to get any metadata.
2014-11-07T01:07:13 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.TiVOMetaExtract --> Process arguments -m 5654149859 -1 -o "D:\Tivo Temp\The Middle - ''One Kid at a Time'' (Recorded Nov 7, 2014, WGNDT).xml" "D:\Tivo Temp\The Middle - ''One Kid at a Time'' (Recorded Nov 7, 2014, WGNDT).TiVo"
2014-11-07T01:07:13 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.TiVOMetaExtract --> UI Session Admin Process : False
2014-11-07T01:07:13 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.TiVOMetaExtract --> Setting process priority to Normal
2014-11-07T01:07:13 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.TiVOMetaExtract --> Encryption by QUALCOMM ;)
I'm wondering if the filename has something to do with it. Try renaming your TiVO file to something simeple like test.tivo and see if it works.
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Also check your TiVO MAK key if it's correct in MCEBuddy and also in the TivO server.
I also also suggest upgrading to the latest 2.4.1 version and see if it helps.

If none of the above work, upload the original TiVO file to the MCEBuddy server (use the explorer ftp way instead of Filezille to upload).
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/4/2015 at 8:43 PM
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2014 at 4:17 AM
Congstad wrote:
Is your server not accepting uploads? Followed instructions for filezilla on readme page:

To Upload Files Using a FTP Client like FileZilla:
Download and install a the FTP client FileZilla
Start FileZilla then copy and paste files.mcebuddy2x.com into the Host field at the top of the page
Enter mcebuddy (all lower caps) in the Username and Password field (the username and password are the same). Then press QuickConnect
Open the folder UPLOAD
Make a new folder to upload your files or you can skip this step if have only one file to upload
Drag the appropriate files from the left pane into the folder

Got the following response from filezilla- Error: Connection timed out. Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing.

I have log file ready to upload when the server will accept it.

Thanks
TRy it now, just realized after we migrated to a new server we didn't update the external IP address which caused FTP in PASSIVE connections to fail (default for most systems).
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Were you able to upload the file?
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2015 at 4:43 AM
If you're still facing an issue let us know