MP4 Metadata

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:23 AM
Edited Nov 23, 2014 at 4:24 AM
I am so psyched that MCEBuddy also adds metadata to MP4 files.

Here is my setup for it: TEXT

The only problem is for it to work correctly in iTunes the value under 'Name' needs to be the episode name NOT the show name. So in this example: TEXT the 'Name' value should be the same as the 'TV Episode ID' of "Brotherhood" not "Person of Interest".

Is this possible?
Nov 23, 2014 at 2:50 PM
I added a custom profile to do metadata only and added custom commands for mp4 files that I download

CustomCommandPath="C:\Progra~1\MCEBuddy2x\atomicparsley\AtomicParsley.exe"
CustomCommandParameters=""%convertedfile%" --overWrite --title "%episodename%" --TVShowName "%showname%" --TVEpisode "%episodename%" --TVSeasonNum "%season%##" --TVEpisodeNum "%episode%##" --TVNetwork "%network%" --genre "%genre%" --year "%airyear%-%airmonth%-%airday%" --description "%episodedescription%" --longdesc "%episodedescription%" --comment "%episodedescription%" "
CustomCommandHangPeriod=20
CustomCommandCritical=false

Hope that helps

Eric
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 11/23/2014 at 10:58 AM
Nov 23, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Can I add this into an already running profile? For example if I am using the 'MP4 High Quality' profile can I just copy paste the lines you wrote to the end of that profile?
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Yes you can.

The question is what should be the "title" metadata? "Showname", "episodename", or something like what Playlater uses "Showname - SxxExx - Episodename"

Keep in mind not everyone uses iTunes
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM
or even "SxxExx - Episodename"
Nov 23, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Just "episodename" should be in the title field.
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM
You that's iTunes, what about other players?
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM
What's wrong with "SxxExx - Episodename"
Nov 24, 2014 at 1:15 AM
That should work too. iTunes usually just has "episodename" but "SxxEyy - Episodename" should work also.
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2014 at 2:50 AM
that's a more universal options from what I've seen so far. The new builds has this fix
Nov 24, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Awesome! Is it up on EarlyAccess?
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2014 at 12:50 PM
yes
Apr 25, 2015 at 3:38 AM
Is there a way to remove the "SxxEyy" part before "episodename"? I know it more universal, but for my particular case I would like it without the season and episode numbers in front of the name. Is it in a place in the config that I can remove that one part?