This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Network Locations - Other Windows PC and UnRAID Server

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:48 PM
I'm at a complete loss on how to configure MCEBuddy to access both another windows PC and an UnRAID server.

I have a double-whammy in that I want to scan a directory on other Windows PC (one in which I've mapped as a network drive in Windows) and then write my converted files to my UnRaid server that I again have mapped as a network drive.

Within Windows I don't use any credentials to access either of these locations, so I don't know what to enter. I've tried using "Guest" with no password and and restarted my machine, but that did not work.

Help!
Dec 5, 2014 at 8:23 PM
All network drives have a authentication. If you don't have any setup then it's guest. Check you mcebuddy.log file for the errors.

More importantly you cannot use mapped network share drives with mcebuddy since these drives are user space mapped drives and don't exist in kernel space where the engine runs.
You need to use the full network path for both your source and destination folders.
\\servername\path
See the documentation common issues for more details. This has been documented extensively. It's a windows limitation
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/4/2015 at 8:44 PM
Dec 5, 2014 at 9:51 PM
I'll post the log file, when I get back home to that computer. I know I already have the paths entered as the full network path, not the mapped drive letter. (MCEBuddy automatically corrected the paths for me when I browsed to the folders)