This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

No commercials found - Comskip

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:07 AM
Recently installed version 2.4.1 and cannot get the comskip to function. I've used default profiles with standard comskip and donator comskip.

After a WTV is scanned, a new MP4 or WTV (depending on the profile I was trying) is created. However, When I view this new file, no commercials are removed. It is creating the edl file so I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I've tried using WTV unprocessed and actual conversions of both wtv and mp4 with the same result.

Lastly, once I have my new file, it does not show up in MCE in the Recorded TV for playback.

Thanks
Coordinator
Jan 3, 2015 at 1:05 AM
Attach a link to your conversion log
Jan 4, 2015 at 9:52 PM
Coordinator
Jan 4, 2015 at 10:59 PM
You need set your log to debug and then attach the conversion log. I can't see anything here unfortunately.
Jan 5, 2015 at 12:20 AM
Ok, I reconverted a file with log level set to debug. I watched the process and even saw it say it was scanning for commercials but none were removed from the converted video. I also disabled renaming completely and they still don't show up inside Media Center under recorded TV.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-37hTp_dHbJZUlZTkJiSExLTWM/edit?usp=docslist_api

Thanks again for your help
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2015 at 3:39 AM
If you go through the logs you'll see these 2 lines:
2015-01-04T19:01:35 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Comskip --> Using C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\comskip\comskip.ini for initiation values.
2015-01-04T19:01:35 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Comskip --> Commercials were not found.
Comskip didn't find any commercials. If there are commercials and comskip isn't finding them then you need to tweak comskip to find them. See the comskip tuning guide in the documentation page (there is a comskip tuning GUI editor included in the comskip installation directory also which can help).
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/4/2015 at 8:39 PM
Jan 5, 2015 at 3:51 AM
Awesome! Thanks for replying so fast.

Any suggestion regarding the converted shows not showing up in media center? if I output them back to the recorded tv folder, shouldn't they be viewable? Last time I used and commercial skipping software, it generated xml files as opposed to making new files.
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2015 at 5:03 AM
only wtv files show up in recorded tv in mce