This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Google Drive

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:41 AM
I would like to set the destination folder of my conversion task to my Google Drive folder on my computer but the conversions don't seem to work when I do that, does anyone have any advice? The error message says "Renaming and moving file by Metadata failed"
Coordinator
Jan 15, 2015 at 2:02 AM
Just finished a huge saga with another user on why his custom command aren't working and the same issue applies here.

Google drives and Mapped drives are all found in the "user context", ie. in the context of the user who has logged into the computer. These drives (mapped, network, google, dropbox etc) are "created" and "connected" when the user logs into the computer from his login. (remember each user can have their own mapped shares).

Since MCEBuddy runs in system service/kernel context (no user) these drives don't exist in this service/kernel space and hence MCEBuddy can't access them.

You have 2 ways to work around this:
  1. You can find a way to map google drive into the system service/kernel space (don't know how, maybe run google drive as a service?), this is the only way MCEBuddy can get access to the "drive" when running as a service.
  2. Run MCEbuddy as a command line engine from the start menu after logging in. Now that MCEbuddy is running the "context" of the logged in user it can access everything the user can access (including mapped drives, network shared, etc).
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/14/2015 at 7:04 PM
Coordinator
Jan 15, 2015 at 2:26 AM