History file having problems

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:52 PM
when i click on Show history i get a communication error pop up that reads
Unable to communicate with engine
I click on ok and i get the following message on mce buddy status
the mcebuddy service is unavailable. please start from windows control panel or check engine connection.

i close mcebuddy and restart services and when i click on show history i get the same message.
so i updated from 2.4.1 to 2.4.2 and same thing happens. i then moved the history file and same thing happens

under events i see 3 things

Warning 22-Jan-2015 5:50 PM
MCEBuddy GUI: Unable to get History File from engine

and

MCEBuddy GUI: Unable to get Event Log Entries due to pipe error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MCEBuddy.GUI.StatusForm.displayEventLogEntries()

and

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: There was an error reading from the pipe: The pipe has been ended. (109, 0x6d). ---> System.IO.IOException: The read operation failed, see inner exception. ---> System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: There was an error reading from the pipe: The pipe has been ended. (109, 0x6d). ---> System.IO.PipeException: There was an error reading from the pipe: The pipe has been ended. (109, 0x6d).
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.FinishSyncRead(Boolean traceExceptionsAsErrors)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.StartReading(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SessionConnectionReader.Receive(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SynchronizedMessageSource.Receive(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.Receive(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message& message)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at MCEBuddy.Globals.ICore.GetConversionHistory()
at MCEBuddy.GUI.HistoryForm.GetAndDisplayHistoryLog()

Please help i don't want to have to do a clean install because i have many task set up. Everything was working fine a few days ago.
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 4:59 AM
Can you upload a copy of your history file for us to analyze. Also, does it work without clicking on show history?
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 1:36 PM
Also what you mean by
i then moved the history file
Are you saying after deleting the history file the same issue happens? If so then it's something else nothing to do with the history file. Try a clean install (save your mcebuddy.conf and history file separately and restore it after a clean install). Something the filesystem may corrupted leading to issues reading the files.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/31/2015 at 9:40 AM
Jan 27, 2015 at 6:18 PM
Did a clean install all is working now...Thanks