This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Commercial skipping without removing from file 2015

Feb 7, 2015 at 11:09 PM
I see another thread about this but it dates to 2013 and MCEBuddy has come a long way since then. I just donated $30 and got access to the latest release. I want to simply skip commercials while watching my recorded WTV files in PLEX.

Right now I've tried the "WTV Unprocessed" profile but that writes a new file and I have a rather big library that I don't want to duplicate. I suppose I could process my library and then delete the unprocessed files but I also don't want to find that comskip has goofed and cut parts of the video that weren't commercials and now I have an incomplete show cause as I understand "WTV Unprocessed" removes the commercials and creates a new file or maybe I'm misunderstanding how it works??

Any advice on how to achieve this will be really appreciated.
Feb 8, 2015 at 5:31 AM
If you just want to "mark" the commercials instead of cutting the, in the Conversion Settings Page select the option to Do not cut commercials, it'll create a EDL file which can be used to skip commercials. Not sure if PLEX support commercial skipping using EDL files.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 2/12/2015 at 5:52 PM