This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Recorded Movie Date?

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:38 PM
I started using the custom rename string and am trying to gather the release date of the movies I happen to record and process via MCEBuddy as follows:

%ismovie%<MCEB-Movies\%showname% (%airyear%),MCEB-TV\%showname%\Season %season%\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%##>

The movie is processed and placed correctly, but appears as:
D:/MCEB-Movies/Dead Heat on a Merry-Go-Round ().wtv

The 'release date' is clearly visible in 'properties/details/origin' of the Movie as:
Date Released: 1966

I have tried %airyear% and %premieryear% with the same results - empty '()' - and, of course, %recordyear% displays '(2015)' which confuses the Plex agents quite effectively.

At this point this is nothing more than an annoyance because if a mismatch occurs due to two movies of different eras having the same name it's no problem. I'll handle the movie manually and add the release date at that time before inclusion into the permanent library.

Just wondering if I'm missing something obvious (likely).
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2015 at 9:01 PM
Can you please post a link to your conversion log. Upload it to the server or to Dropbox.

I need to see what metadata is being extracted. I know you are seeing the date but I want to ensure mcebuddy also sees it

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:17 PM
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2015 at 9:27 PM
here in lies your problem:
> MCEBuddy Current Version : 2.3.13.1

This bug was fixed in newer build if I remember correctly, specifically for a movie which doesn't use original broadcast date but year instead.

Marked as answer by ACraigo on 2/14/2015 at 2:35 PM
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2015 at 9:28 PM
From the release notes of newer builds:

> Extracting Movie release year from WTV file when original broadcast date and time are not available

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:35 PM
Ok.

I'll be signing up soon.

Thanks