This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Custom Cuts - Am I doing something wrong?

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:47 PM
I am trying to use the Custom Cuts and I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. I have looked and cannot find instructions on how to go through the entire process so I am thinking I must be missing something.

I can open the video in the Custom Cuts GUI and pick the parts that I want to cut and then save it to EDL.

This is when I get confused and cannot get any further. When I click the button to send it to MCEBuddy it creates multiple tasks - one for each Conversion Tasks that I have configured.

Next, it doesn't matter which task runs (they do different things) none of them will cut the parts of the video that I have created in the Custom Cuts GUI.

Is there a specific task that needs to run, or a specific option in the task that needs to be ticked?

This is not a big file, it is only about 3.25 minutes and the first cut is about 1 second and the cut at the end of the video is about 1 minute.

Thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2015 at 1:34 AM
You're doing it just fine. Just that mcebuddy doesn't process cuts on files smaller than 100mb since it assumes they are test files an unreliable. :) so it ignores the EDL files

Curious as to why you want to cut such a small file. Is it a test?

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:39 AM
It was a video I had recorded off of Facebook using PlayLater. PlayLater puts a watermark at the beginning and end of the video and I wanted it removed so I figured it was a good time to try and see how the Custom Cuts feature worked.

No worries, I just used Avidemux to do what I needed to do :)

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2015 at 1:49 AM
good point though, will put a fix to NOT bypass small files in production. look for it in the next 2.4.2 build.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 2/24/2015 at 6:01 AM
Feb 24, 2015 at 1:52 AM

Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2015 at 1:01 PM
Done you can get the latest 2.4.2 build
Feb 24, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Thank you!