This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Incorrect Season and Episode

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:49 PM
Hello! First, this is really useful software. Thanks!

Maybe I'm setting something wrong, but I'm having trouble with some shows getting renamed with the incorrect season and episode.

My setup:
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
XBMC Gotham (ServerWMC - pwr.wmc Addon)
Windows Media Center - Source HDHomeRun - Antenna

MCEBuddy 2.3.13 settings selected:
Rename and sort by video information
Download Series info
Use MC compatible naming
Extract MC information
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2015 at 11:37 PM
Couple of points

You will need to upgrade to the latest version. We don't support old versions and more importantly there are many (hundreds) if bugfixes since 2.3.13 including many for metadata (see the release notes) and renaming

Second please attach a link to the conversion log file. Without that we can't see what's the problem or how to fix it

Feb 28, 2015 at 1:28 AM
I can't seem to download a newer version. It sends me to an early access link that requires a login I don't have. How do I login to early access?


Also, I don't see a way to attach a log file.
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2015 at 3:09 AM
Go through the REad Me Before Posting thread

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:15 PM
Ok, I see. Sorry, I thought the software was donation which implies you can use it and if it works for you then donate. You should probably just call it paid software because it's a bit confusing. Since a user can't load the newer version or receive support (Upload logs) without donating, this is more of a licensed offering. Please don't take this the wrong way, just some friendly advice. I will most likely purchase it, because it seems like very useful software. For the most part, it's doing what I need now with the exception of a few things.

1.) The renaming season/episode problem as already mentioned. This does not happen on most shows. So far, it only happens on my daughter's recording of American Idol. Others seem to work fine.

2.) Currently I am leaving the files as WTV and just removing commercials. I tried a few different other settings to get the size of the files down, but anytime it would convert to anything else, it would loose to much of the video quality. Instead of 1080p, it would look more like 480p regardless of what quality level I chose. High, Normal, Fast etc... Also, it would take a lot of processing power and time to do some of these conversions.

3.) Sometimes it takes a couple times to add monitor locations or tasks. When I go into a task to edit it or add new, it will report that that the service was unavailable when you hit OK to finish editing a task. If I do it a second time, it usually takes it. As far as I can tell, the service doesn't stop running.

If you think the newer version will address these problems, I'll go ahead and donate/purchase the software. Thanks!
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2015 at 6:02 PM
  1. The source code is available on this website, feel free to compile it and use it. We've released the code as GPL.
  2. Change your max resolution, the default is 480p (720 width)
  3. Can't help without the logs - and what's the contribution is for, is our time to support to help you get to the bottom of the issues and create a patch if we find a bug. As always the code is available you can always debug it yourself.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/13/2015 at 9:31 PM