This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Getting MCE Buddy to get Season and Episode info OR place a Default

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:23 PM
I have had MCE Buddy, the donation versions, for over a year now. I have constantly praised this product on this forum and others. However, this consistent (and apparently while searching these forums) a long term issue of failure extracting Season and Episode information as well as Episode Title from the WTV files. Since almost every major software package to manage these files such as Plex and Media Browser, require as a minimum the S## and E## tag.

I can't tell you how many different combo's of Naming Conventions as well as trying all of the standard selections trying to get MCE Buddy to pull the Season and Episode Numbers and/or Episode Name. It seems as I search this forum, I am not the only person to have this issue.

Last time I posted an issue I had, I was told to change some script or write one. My last coding writing was using IBM Unix in 1989, a little before your time I would imagine, so writing code is outside my skill level.

MCE Buddy should search for the Season Number, Episode Number, and Episode Title.
IF IT CAN NOT FIND IT, Substitute for the Season Number the Month Processed, and Episode Number the Day Processed.

I know I can substitute on all files the month and day, but I don't know how to do the "If this then that" part.

I read in a post that this situation was fixed in Beta 2, I can confirm its not.

Thanks for all your help, I know there are a lot of bugs your trying to smash. But manually having to name files so Plex to see it, it kinda crazy.
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2015 at 3:33 AM
Edited Mar 14, 2015 at 4:27 AM
I don't understand what you mean by it's not fixed. Can you share your renaming command which doesn't work
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2015 at 5:56 PM
You can use the %ifseason% and %ifepisode% if I understand what you're asking for.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 4/24/2015 at 10:56 AM