This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Network user warning popup comes up for each "Add" from main panel.

Apr 11, 2015 at 3:59 AM
When adding movies to be converted via the "Add" option on the main panel and navigating to a show on a samba shared drive the popup notifying the user about mcebuddy not using the currently logged in user shows up for every single file you add. Would it be possible to put an "Ok Got it" checkbox on the screen or option in settings to disable the popup? The config file already has the user/password I want it to use.

Tested on 2.4.2b.
Apr 11, 2015 at 2:38 PM
If you're adding multiple files with a single "Add" operation it will only prompt you once. But each time you click Add it will prompt you. This is a safety measure we added to ensure the users are kept aware of the issue if they're adding it from a network location.

This is particularly important since network locations can change and a user can forget that they need to give mcebuddy access to the network location. We can't track network locations as there are too many complications to it so as a precautionary measure we just check if it's a non local location then it prompts the user.

I see your frustration however at the same time the impact of not prompting the user/reminding is disastrous from a functionality point.

If you're adding all the files from a single location is there any particular reason you don't add them all at once or setup a monitor task to monitor the location?

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:46 PM
I had around 20 movies on a network drive that I wanted to convert to standard quality H.265 mkv. My normal monitored folder was on a local drive and rather than copy about 50GB in movies I chose to add them "in place"....I would have loved to have been able to add them all at once however in the movie folder each movie is in it's own subfolder so that the .nfo and any .srt files can be kept together. I attempted to select multiple folders in the hopes it would select the movies within those folders for the add however it only ended up taking me into the first folder selected showing the movie file which I then added so I had no simple option to add all of them. While I can see the sense in giving the user a warning about network drives I would also think there is logic in letting the user decide to override/remove the warning. If I have already told mcebuddy the user/password to use when monitoring network shares it would seem it could retain that info and at that point the user is "aware" of it.
Apr 12, 2015 at 12:19 PM
That's interesting, when you selected multiple folders it didn't add all the movies? Can you please reconfirm, that would be a bug. It should automatically select all movies in all folders and sub folders.
Please try it again and let me know.

Apr 12, 2015 at 1:48 PM
Ahh, I see what you're saying, when you select multiple folders using the "Add" button and click open it opens the last selected folder.

Try this, open your drive using windows explorer and drag/drop all the folders you want into MCEBuddy (into the box where it shows the list of files to be converted). It should automatically take all your folders and sub folders and pop up the warning just once.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 4/28/2015 at 12:32 PM