This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to handle series where TVDB has poor metadata?

May 19, 2015 at 6:22 AM
What's the best way to handle series in MCEBuddy that have very poor metadata information in TVDB?

The specific cases I'm dealing with are some HGTV shows like House Hunters. There are MANY episodes in that series, the data in TVDB is very minimal (no dates for the most part), the metadata is mostly wrong (in the sense that it doesn't match the HGTV.com website), the descriptions and titles in the EPG's don't match the descriptions and titles in TVDB (you can sometimes tell which episodes are matches but the text is very different).

Normally I want the episodes processed in the typical way for Plex (broken out into separate folders by seasons and named like "Show sXXeYY") but for these I'd want to just dump them into a folder for the show and use the metadata thats internal to the WTV file).

What's the best way to deal with these? Thanks for the help!
Coordinator
May 19, 2015 at 12:50 PM
Create a new conversion task for these shows using the Show/Filename filters under Conversion Task Advanced Settings. Under Expert Option uncheck the option to download information from the internet. Now it won't download the metadata.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 6/15/2015 at 11:01 AM