This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

MP4 Show Name - Change metadata

May 23, 2015 at 8:09 PM
Is there a way to remove the 'SxxEyy' before the episode name during the writing to metadata portion of an mp4?
May 24, 2015 at 12:36 AM
Use a custom command with atomic parsley

May 24, 2015 at 3:24 AM
Was trying this. The atomic parsley documentation isn't very good and I had some trouble. I was wondering where the default settings that added metadata to mp4's were saved so I could just edit them.
May 24, 2015 at 3:15 PM
The settings are hard coded. There are two other post on the forum which talk about the same thing with the custom commands and scripts provided. Check it out

May 24, 2015 at 9:40 PM
Thanks, I will check 'em out.
May 26, 2015 at 3:27 PM
Edited May 26, 2015 at 3:29 PM
I wish this was optional sometimes it throws PLEX off when downloading metadata. I had to remux some recordings and not write metadata to them.
Jun 15, 2015 at 6:57 PM
Here's an example of how you can use AtomicParsley in CustomCommand to overwrite the MP4 metadata. You can customize the information and then copy paste it into the profile you want.
CustomCommandPath=AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe
CustomCommandParameters="%convertedfile%" --overWrite --title "S%season%E%episode% - %episodename%" --TVShowName "%showname%" --stik "TV Show" --TVEpisode "%episodename%"
CustomCommandHangPeriod=0
CustomCommandCritical=false
You can remove the %season% and %episode% from the --title tag.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 6/15/2015 at 10:57 AM