This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Does MCEBuddy supports multi-episodes naming?

May 29, 2015 at 5:51 PM
Hi, all the DocMcstuffing episodes are actually double episodes, so they should be named, for example "doc mcstuffins S01E49E50.wtv". Can I achieve that? I tried to have MCEBuddy rename the file and I obtained "doc mcstuffins S01E49.wtv" only. The subtitle in the wtv metadata has both episodes titles separated by ;
Thanks!
Coordinator
May 29, 2015 at 6:02 PM
No currently no way to do that since the internet metadata and wtv metadata doesn't support multi episodes names.
May 30, 2015 at 2:37 AM
Thanks for answering! I understand that you can't possibly cover all the bases, but I just want to let you know that https://wtvmetarenamer.codeplex.com support this. I used this script until now and I have now switched to your tool. Of course MCEBuddy has a ton of more features and flexibility, that's why I switched, but I might need to also keep wtvmetarenamer running just for the multi-episode feature that you don't have.

Regarding the metadata from teh recorded show, this is how it looks:
WM/SubTitle: My Huggy Valentine; Dusty Bear
when wtvmetarenamer sees the ; sign it will search for both "My Huggy Valentine" and then for "Dusty Bear" and come up with the proper multi-episode naming.

I would love if you could look into it a little more when you have some time.

Thanks!
Coordinator
May 30, 2015 at 4:19 PM
Sure can look into it, please open a new Issues request with as many details as you can to help us get there
Coordinator
May 30, 2015 at 4:25 PM
Also please upload a few sample WTV files (10MB each only, use the file splitter and instructions provided in the readme thread) with multi episode information, preferably different shows so we can have more exhaustive testing to the mcebuddy server.
May 31, 2015 at 2:24 PM
Thanks! I went ahead and recorded a few shows on disney channels that are all multi-episodes. I'll do the file splitting when I have a little time and open the issue. I appreciate the willingness.
Coordinator
May 31, 2015 at 8:30 PM
please try a few different channels to get good coverage