This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Conversions quit shortly after starting

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:50 AM
Edited Jun 14, 2015 at 12:09 PM
I had been playing with MCEBuddy free to convert my MCE recorded movies for playback on my XBox 360 via Emby, but I discovered that it was creating 480p files instead of 720p. Today I upgraded to MCEBuddy EAP to resolve that. Instead the newer version doesn't seem to work at all, using the same source files and settings. I may try reinstalling x64 or switching to the x86 version. It shouldn't be video drivers since I'm using an A10-5700 APU and run driverbooster on occasion. My OS is Win 7 Ultimate x64.
Jun 14, 2015 at 12:04 PM
Jun 14, 2015 at 3:30 PM
You need to free up more disk space. The logs are saying near the end that you need about ~40gb+ free for these. This space is used for temporary copies of the video files and will be cleaned up at the end of the conversion.
Marked as answer by BerMakiah on 6/14/2015 at 10:43 AM
Jun 14, 2015 at 4:05 PM
OK, thanks for catching that.

So by default MCEbuddy uses its install drive as its working drive. I wonder which is preferable, reinstalling to the HDD instead of the smaller SSD (simpler), or just creating folders there for everything under Folder Management. I wonder how many people are unknowingly using a SSD for video conversion? May be a good idea to add a check to the installer giving users a warning and the option to specify a different working drive if the install drive is detected to be a SSD.
Jun 14, 2015 at 4:15 PM
Reinstalled to the HDD and conversion is proceeding normally. Thanks again!