This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How do I leave converted file in original subfolder where source file has existed?

Jun 18, 2015 at 8:45 PM
Hello,

I'm converting files in specific folder and all subfolders. Problem is that final file is deposited in root folder (monitored folder) instead of being left in original folder where it was pulled from.
How can I configure application to leave final file in the same subfolder where original file existed before conversion?
Coordinator
Jun 18, 2015 at 9:41 PM
Leave the destination folder blank in the conversion settings

Marked as answer by artisticcheese on 6/19/2015 at 7:28 AM
Jun 19, 2015 at 3:30 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2015 at 3:42 PM
Thanks, this works.
What if I want it to move to different place but keep the same structure as original source folder? Is it possible? My shows are named Title - EpisoderName.ts in each subfolder, so it's \recording\Title\Title - Episode.ts
I'd like to move/encode them to \server\recording\title\episode.mkv
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2015 at 12:49 AM
Write a custom rename pattern and set the destination directory

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:04 PM
I tried but always end up with subdirectories create for show name with Episode name in it.
Can you help me to do that please?
My source directory is \server1\recording and all shows inside it are in subdirectories and every show name is EpisodeName - Episode Number like below

\server1\recording\Bubble Guppies\Truck-E208.ts

I want to convert it to MP4 and result to be placed to here

\server2\recording\Bubble Guppies\Truck-E208.mp4

Every combination I did so far either put recordings in root folder of \server2\recording or created subfolder with Episode Name in destination
Coordinator
Jun 22, 2015 at 6:39 PM
Use the custom renaming command and write your own patten. In this case you will want to use %originalfilename% in your custom rename pattern.

Set the destination folder to \server2\recording\Bubble Guppies

You will send the preview of the results immediately in the screen.

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:42 PM
Yes but that would mean I have to do it manually for each subfolder, right? I want to convert everything under \recording including subfolders.
Essentially I want to mirror exact content from \server1\recording* to \server2\recording* along with conversion.
Coordinator
Jun 22, 2015 at 6:48 PM
No way to get the parent folder names in custom renaming.

If there is metadata you can create sub folders based on the show title etc.

The other way to do it is to write a post custom command batch file (leave the destination folder blank so it puts I back in the same directory as the original file) that take the converted file and puts in the location you want and replicates the directory structure from where it picks up the converted file.

You can open a new feature request in issues and we can look into adding support for a custom rename pattern that returns the sub directory folder structure starting from where the root monitoring folder is set to.