This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Setting DAR

Jul 17, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Hi

I'm having problems with the aspect ratio on the files produced after editing to remove commercials following a conversion from mpeg-2 to xvid in MCEBuddy. I've tracked it down to the XVID encoder not setting the PAR or DAR correctly, in fact it is removing the PAR setting that MCEBuddy carries forward from the original file.

I'm trying to set the DAR in the Buddy conversion, I'm using a param of setdar=1.78, FFMPEG has accepted the param but has not set the DAR on the output file also, adding setdar has resulted in the -vtag param being ignored.

Any ideas
Jul 17, 2015 at 6:32 PM
Sorry should have added the full profile is

[XVID AVI - Q=1]
Description=XVID Quality = 1.
order=ffmpeg
ffmpeg-general=-threads 0
ffmpeg-video=-ss 3 -vcodec mpeg4 -vtag xvid -qscale:v 1 -f avi -flags +mv4+aic -g 300 -dts_delta_threshold 0 -sn setdar=1.78
ffmpeg-audio=-acodec libmp3lame -ab 256k
ffmpeg-ext=.avi
ffmpeg-audiodelay=skip
PreConversionCommercialRemover=true
Jul 17, 2015 at 8:42 PM
see what's happening in the actual log file.

Jul 18, 2015 at 12:52 AM
The profile worked before the addition of the setdar, setting the fourcc to XVID, after the extra parm is added it appears to be defaulting to FMP4, I'm not 100% certain but it looks like it has to produce another file to apply the DAR setting, so your have something like the following

mpeg-2 -> xvid -> mp4

could this be to do with the order of the params I seem to remember something about the order of params affecting how they work.

I've uploaded the log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0c_ymiNgQNJenl4bnIxc0pacUU/view?usp=sharing