This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Custom Rename, creating directory?

Jul 20, 2015 at 7:49 PM
Can the custom rename feature create directories? What I want to do is store files in a directory matching the date of the file. Mcebuddy seems to not know the date I want, I want to use use the file create date if possible, or modified date. Would the destination directory have to exist? Would mcebuddy create it? This would be ideal as having recording grouped by date is exactly what I need.

I guess there are two questions here, does mcebuddy create destination directories, and if so, can I use some sort of pattern that uses the file create or modification date.
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2015 at 8:01 PM
Yes it creates directories.

See the list of rename options here:

What creation of modification date are you looking at, source or converted?

Jul 20, 2015 at 8:04 PM
I want to rename the recording into a directory named with the creation or modification date of the source file. I run all mcebuddy tasks over night, so, the source file would have the correct date, the date is was recorded. mcebuddy is not able to see the recorded date and time metadata for nextpvr.
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2015 at 11:49 PM
Do you have the metadata files from npvr?

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:42 AM
Not sure what metadata files you are speaking of. I record 6 channels from 7PM to 10:30PM every night of the week. They are just atsc recordings, not aware of any metadata files, just a recording file.
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2015 at 6:26 PM
If you're using nPVR you can configure it to generate a metadata XML file.
What are your filenames?

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/15/2015 at 2:34 AM
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2015 at 9:34 AM
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/15/2015 at 2:35 AM