This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MCEBuddy Evaluation

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:58 PM
Looking to move my entire POST recording processing to MCEBuddy, and so far it's looking pretty good (I became a Donator), but there are a couple of items that I can't seem to resolve.

1) What is the recommend method to start MCEB for non logged in and logged in users (Windows7 Pro)?

2) Does MCEB have a POST Batch Script system? I would need MCEB to pass the following to a batch script for further processing.

Output file name (no path or extension included)
Input file name
Output Folder
Output Extension
Output file size
OAD month (Original Air Date)
OAD day (Original Air Date)
OAD year (Original Air Date)

Is this possible?

3) Is there a way to have MCEB just process the file to the Destination folder without the folder? (Need Just the file)

4) Is there a way to change the interval used for checking for new, unlocked files for processing? Currently it's taking +5 minutes.
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2015 at 12:49 AM
1. Use Command Line mode from the start menu

2. Yes refer to documentation Custom commands

3. Yes use custom rename. Refer to documentation for details

4. Yes System Settings page poll period

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/15/2015 at 3:09 AM
Jul 21, 2015 at 1:38 AM
Edited Jul 21, 2015 at 1:41 AM
rboy1 wrote:
1 Use Command Line mode from the start menu
Got it, Thank you

rboy1 wrote:
2 Yes refer to documentation Custom commands
I'm completely lost here, I don't see anywhere in the program to point MCEB to my POST process batch file???

rboy1 wrote:
3 Yes use custom rename. Refer to documentation for details
Got it, Thank you

rboy1 wrote:
4 Yes System Settings page poll period
Got it, Thank you
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2015 at 5:13 AM
Did you go through the CustomCommands documentation ?

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:58 PM
I went through the "Advanced Commands" document, and saw where it talked about the conf. files, but what I was missing was that I had to add/modify each of the conf.'s sections and add the PostCustomCommand section. It wasn't until I did a search on PostCustomCommandParameters in the forum that I saw this...

This brings up 2 more questions:

1) Will my CustomCommands persist when changing elements in the GUI? The only reason I ask is I see "profiles.conf.old" in the config folder.. (maybe this is just a version change upgrade ?)

2) I don't see where there is an output file size variable ?
Jul 21, 2015 at 2:34 PM
I also don't see:

Output file name (no path or extension included)
Input file name (no path or extension included)
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2015 at 3:45 PM
Go through the documentation - it's all there:

• %convertedfile% - will be replaced with the full name and path of the (converted file for PreCustom) (converted and renamed file for Custom) (moved/destination converted file for PostCustom) as part of the parameters passed to the custom program.
  • %sourcefile% - will be replaced with the name and path of the original source video.

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:58 PM
rboy1 wrote:
Go through the documentation - it's all there: %convertedfile% - will be replaced with the full name and path of the (converted file for PreCustom) (converted and renamed file for Custom) (moved/destination converted file for PostCustom) as part of the parameters passed to the custom program. %sourcefile% - will be replaced with the name and path of the original source video.
Right, I saw that, but I was looking for (as I stated in my original post) just the file name, excluding the Path and extension. I had to do a little changing but I was able to easily use %~n1 to expand just the file name..

Can %convertedfilesize% be added? This one is much more problematic for me.

Thanks for you help.