This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help with adding metadata

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:26 AM
Edited Jul 30, 2015 at 8:31 AM
I'm ripping my blu-ray collection and using MCEBuddy to rename and add metadata.

I'm having trouble getting MCEBuddy to ID the movies. I've tried setting three different MP4s with the year and title under file properties>details and setting the filename to title_imdbid prior to running it through MCEBuddy with no luck.

Also, Extracting metadata... is a good guide, but how can I get the proper metadata for a director's cut, anniversary edition, or extended edition?
Jul 30, 2015 at 9:11 AM
Edited Jul 30, 2015 at 9:11 AM
OK, figured out my error. Initial google results suggest that imdbid is the 7 digits at the end of the URL. Once I added the tt to the 7 digits it processed through and created the nfo and jpg that I wanted. Still wondering if its possible to get the proper metadata for a special edition.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/15/2015 at 3:07 AM
Jul 30, 2015 at 12:20 PM
Hmm, I thought that if I did this to a number of discs and pointed WMC7 to a folder full of them as a movie library that it would provide WMC with the metadata and graphics it uses. I discovered that isn't the case when my internet went down for a while. Not only was WMC unable to come up with any metadata or graphics, but it was obviously ignoring the nfo and jpg provided by MCEBuddy. I see other apps that may be better suited to this part. Can MCEbuddy do this, or should I try them?
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2015 at 2:04 AM
WMC never uses NFO as far as I know. MediaPortal does if I remember correctly.