This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

XMLTV (For Recording Details)

Aug 8, 2015 at 12:25 AM
Hi,

I see a few threads on this, but not sure what the outcome was ... :(.

With moving to Windows 10, I'm losing WMC -> so also moving to NextPVR (which works quite well!). But I'd then also like to use my EPG data for MCEBuddy, in the file xmltv.xml.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2015 at 12:41 AM
trying to understand what you need from that file.

MCEBuddy can recognize the filename of nPVR and then extract the basic metadata from it and then download the rest from the internet.
There is also an option to have nPVR generate an XML file for each recording which can then be processed by MCEBuddy.

@nyplayer can you throw some light on how you generate the XML file in nPVR.

Maybe it's time to start a new thread (sticky) on the best replacement for WMC now, SageTV, nPVR, ICETv etc
Aug 8, 2015 at 1:28 AM
Thanks so much for the quick response! What I need - you're right, it's not so much about that file, it's the fact that nPVR doesn't include the subtitle in the file name ... but the XML (output by nPVR) would be great (I think ... ;)).

Let me do some digging around, see if I can figure that out - will post back, hopefully help others out as well.

I agree, the sticky sounds like a good idea.

Thanks again.
Aug 8, 2015 at 1:40 AM
OK, your pointer was a lot of help - something I wasn't aware of. Here is the secret,
http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Configuration.Advanced#toc97

Go to configl.xml, change StoreSeparateMetadataXml from false to true (when nPVR is not running, then restart it). It generates the file you mentioned, and MCEBuddy takes it into use. Thanks!
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2015 at 3:26 AM
That's right. But with the latest 2.4.3 build you don't even need that. It should work directly with the file name. What version are you using?

Aug 8, 2015 at 3:37 AM
I hadn't updated in a bit - was running the 2.4.3 Beta, but from Jul 01. Updated tonight to the latest ... :-). But what does that do in terms of the file names? With the external XML file it works great.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2015 at 3:46 AM
Try it out, (disable the XML and see). Check out the sticky on downloading metadata for more details

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:58 AM
Hi,

Tried it, seems to be missing the sub-title info (which matters to Plex). But it's fine with the XML file there.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2015 at 4:15 PM
Can you post some examples of the filenames (will try to see if it can be fixed).

Aug 8, 2015 at 8:01 PM
Absolutely! Hope this helps out.

Here is an example - the filename from nPVR is "PGA Tour Golf_20150808_05000830"

The XML file contains,
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<recording>
<filename>D:\Recorded TV\PGA Tour Golf\PGA Tour Golf_20150808_05000830.ts</filename>
<channel>Golf HD</channel>
<status>READY</status>
<startTime>2015-08-08 04:59:01</startTime>
<endTime>2015-08-08 08:32:00</endTime>
<channel_OID>8656</channel_OID>
<title>PGA Tour Golf</title>
<subtitle>WGC Bridgestone Invitational, Second Round</subtitle>
<description>From Akron, Ohio.</description>
<uid>EP00554472.4929</uid>
<firstrun>false</firstrun>
<aspect>16:9</aspect>
<quality>HDTV</quality>
<genres>
<genre>Sports</genre>
</genres>
</recording>

The output filename includes the subtitle if the XML file exists, but if not it doesn't ... which makes it difficult then to know what event it was (except based on date).

Make sense?

Thanks!!!
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2015 at 6:04 AM
that's why, it's sports show. Hence there is no metadata to loop up on the internet, you will need the XML file in these cases.

BTW I tested it and extracted the Show Title and Broadcast name from the filename perfectly just that there's nothing on the internet to supplement it

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/15/2015 at 2:36 AM
Aug 9, 2015 at 1:15 PM
Makes sense - thanks!

And no issue at all here, I'll just have the XML file output from NextPVR, then MCEBuddy works great.

Thanks again!
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/15/2015 at 2:36 AM