This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Audio sync issues after commercial cut using AVIdemux

Aug 20, 2015 at 4:04 PM
Commercial cuts were a little choppy using FFMPEG so I added the "CommercialMergeTool=avidemux" to my profile. When using Plex web player to play the resulting file my audio is out of sync after commercial cuts. Other Plex clients don't have the audio sync issue. The really weird thing is, it appears to re-sync after a while, until the next commercial cut, where it goes out of sync again. I really like the cuts using avidemux. My question is; what is different in the resulting file using a different muxer? Is there something that can be tweaked?

Running the latest beta build and a custom, FFMPEG based profile.

[My MKV High Quality]
order=ffmpeg, handbrake
ffmpeg-general=-threads 0
ffmpeg-video=-ss 3 -vf yadif=0:-1:1,hqdn3d -vcodec libx264 -crf 18 -sws_flags full_chroma_int+accurate_rnd -x264opts me=umh:trellis=2:subq=8:partitions=all:8x8dct=1:ref=5:rc-lookahead=120:aq-mode=2:aq-strength=1.8:merange=24:keyint=60:keyint_min=1:bframes=3:weightb=1:level=4.1:b-pyramid=normal:direct=auto:mixed-refs=1:deblock=-1,0:chroma_qp_offset=-2:subme=9:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-decimate=1:b-adapt=2:threads=auto -map 0:v -sn
ffmpeg-audio=-acodec ac3 -ab 192k -map 0:a
ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec ac3 -ab 384k -map 0:a
ffmpeg-ext=.mkv
ffmpeg-audiodelay=skip
handbrake-general=--decomb --denoise="weak" --verbose=2 -T -O
handbrake-video=--start-at duration:3 -e x264 -q 18 -x me=umh:trellis=2:subq=8:partitions=all:8x8dct:ref=5:rc-lookahead=50:keyint=60:keyint-min=1:bframes=3:weight-b:level-idc=40:b-pyramid=normal:direct-pred=auto:mixed-refs:deblock=0,0:b-adapt=2:chroma_qp_offset=-2:subme=8:threads=auto
handbrake-audio=-E ffac3 -R auto -B 192 -D 0 -a 1,2,3,4,5
handbrake-audioac3=-E ffac3 -R auto -B 384 -D 0 -a 1,2,3,4,5
handbrake-ext=.mp4
handbrake-remuxto=.mkv
handbrake-audiodelay=skip
PreConversionCommercialRemover=true
CommercialMergeTool=avidemux
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2015 at 8:30 PM
No these aren't configurable. Just two tools based in user preference. Ffmpeg is more reliable but can sometimes leave artifacts at the merge. Avidemux as you have seen is more sensitive.

Try downloading the latest build of avidemux and replacing it in the mcebuddy directory and see if that helps. Let me know the results.

If you want you can also upload the original source file to our server for analysis an replication.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/15/2015 at 2:33 AM