This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Beginning of shows getting cut off after conversion

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:53 PM
I'm trying to resolve an issue with recorded shows getting cut off too much at the beginning after conversion.

I have seen mention of a 3 second trim, but reviewing the original, it's more like a 6-8 second difference instead.

Not sure if there is another option or setting to help reduce that?

Right now I'm converting MakeMKV tv show rips through MCEBuddy. Silly, but I can't for the life of me get Handbrake to output as nice as MCEBuddy, even trying to mimic the config profiles.

This is the one piece I'm missing to get it right.
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2015 at 5:00 PM
There are 2 places the video is trimmed (apart from Comskip), one is in the profile and the other is while remuxing in mcebuddy.conf (remux section). You can remove the trim from both places and it should take care of the first 4-6 seconds of trim. If you're getting more than 10 seconds cut off (again it's not exact because it cuts on GOP boundaries which could be a few seconds in either direction), then it's comskip.ini that needs tuning.

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:28 PM
Thanks rboy1. I changed it to 1 to match the other setting in the video profile. I don't have any commercial reviewing on as I check it myself. It seems that may have fixed it..at least got it a lot closer from viewing the starting video frames post conversion.

I'll check at home when I'm not on a remote session to make sure audio is in sync. Crossing fingers.

Thanks again.