This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Custom File Renaming Pattern

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:48 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2015 at 11:04 PM
A couple of minor whinges about Custom File Renaming Pattern.

(Still on XP 32 bit, MCEBuddy 2.4.3.0 Build data 11/19/2015. Thanks so much for getting XP to grab show info again!!!)

I've read https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=MCEBuddy%20Advanced%20Commands 4 or 5 times now, especially the section title Custom File Renaming Pattern.

The actual parameters are very easy to understand and I'm sure using them won't be a problem.

What I don't get is, that the renaming is working 99% percent of what I would like, giving
  /%showname%/%season%##/%season%##%episode%## -%episodename%4
What I'd really like is to add ShowName so the filename would be standalone, i.e.
  /%showname%/%season%##/%showname%_%season%##%episode%## -%episodename%
ALSO
I'm very happy with how the default processing finds Movies, and uses %showname% for the directory and mp4 filename.
But, I can't find a config file that has any references to any %showname% like entities? Where are they hiding?

I do understand that I could go into
Settings->ConversionTasks->TaskName->Change
  ->Advanced_>Enable custom file rename
And add a custom rename there. But then I'd be guessing about exactly how to formulate that the conditional cases that support series VS Movie names.

Am I just missing something obvious? Are there more config files besides what is in
C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\config ?

Thanks for any help.

Neil M.
Chicago, Ill.
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2015 at 11:08 PM
First up you're very brave, we dropped official support for windows XP some time ago, likely handbrake won't even run, so XP is just for renaming purposes only (you can always use an older build of handbrake or ffmpeg to keep it running).

Second, there are no other config files, just 2 in the config directory.

You can always do a custom rename and it will show you the result of your pattern on the screen. If you're using a is or a if conditional renaming, just switch it around to see what happens on the screen.

The default naming conventions are hard coded in MCEBuddy, the custom rename is dynamic.

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:27 PM
Thanks for the info on the rename and config files, now I can stop searching for where the default rename conventions are stored ;-)!

I completely understand your reluctance to support XP, BUT I really appreciate the fixes you incorporated to the 11/19/2015 build. They have cleared up all my serious problems with using MCEBuddy on a farm of old laptops! Thanks Again!!! And as I've stated earlier, I don't expect XP support, but appreciate your advice in general issues (like above).

I'll also mention that I don't see any issues with Handbrake or ffmpeg (except for seeing it mentioned in the logfile, I'm not really even aware of its existence). I did install the HandBrake-0.9.9-1 version AND the latest version of donner comskip.

Thanks again

Neil M
Chicago, Ill.