This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

help with rename patterns

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:29 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2015 at 8:30 PM
hello I have been using MCEBuddy for a while but just last night I joined the early adopter program.

Here is what I am intending to do that I am not succeeding in. Sometimes the MCE guide does not have season and episode info (has gotten worse since the EPG switch). In that case, I want do just do date based naming (I am using Plex). Ultimately the outcome should be in the following format:

Movies/MovieName.ext
TV/ShowName/Season xx/ShowName - SxxExx.ext
TV/ShowName/Special/ShowName - MM.DD.YYYY.ext

(the point is that if season AND episode numbers exist then name appropriately, otherwise place in 'Special' folder and use the date)

So I crafted this 'rename' pattern upon reading the documentation (I am using special formatting here to make it more readable):
%ismovie%
     <
          Movies|%showname%,
          TV|%showname%|%ifseason%
          <
               %ifepisode%
               <
                    Season %season%##|%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%##,
                    Special|%showname% - %MM.DD.YYYY%
               >,
          >
     >
This does NOT achieve that in anyway. Some of the examples of what this created (not even in the TV folder):
CBS Evening News With Scott Pelley/CBS Evening News With Scott Pelley-2015-12-09 1112.m4v

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon/The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon-S02E199-20151209.m4v
Does anybody know what is wrong with it?

Any help would be appreciated...
Dec 11, 2015 at 12:24 AM
Edited Dec 11, 2015 at 12:28 AM
I do not know if this will help but this is what I use.

%ismovie%<Movies\%showname% (%airyear%),TV Shows\%showname% (%premiereyear%)\Season %season%##\%showname% (%premiereyear%) - %ifepisode%<S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%,%recordyear%-%recordmonth%-%recordday% - %recordhour%%recordminute% - %episodename%>>

that gives me shows like this.

E:\HDHomerun\TV Shows\Grimm (2011)\Season 03\Grimm (2011) - S03E22 - Blonde Ambition.mpg

E:\HDHomerun\Movies\The Hunger Games (2012).mpg
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2015 at 1:51 PM
tachtevrenidis wrote:
So I crafted this 'rename' pattern upon reading the documentation (I am using special formatting here to make it more readable):

Thanks for reporting this, two things:
  1. We found a bug with a multiple nested conditional renaming command, it has been fixed in today's build, please use this build
  2. There's also an issue with your renaming structure, there is no such command %MM.DD.YYYY%, instead use this:
%ismovie%
 <
      Movies\%showname%,
      TV\%showname%\%ifseason%
       <
           %ifepisode%
            <
                Season %season%##\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%##,
                Special\%showname% - %recordmonth%.%recordday%.%recordyear%
            >,
           Special\%showname% - %recordmonth%.%recordday%.%recordyear%
       >
 >
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 12/11/2015 at 6:51 AM
Dec 12, 2015 at 4:00 PM
thanks to both of you. And yes I did catch my mistake with the date. I have not tried the latest build yet but will do soon. Thanks again!
Jun 10 at 4:31 PM
sorry to resurrect this dead post. but this is basically what i am trying to do but a little bit confused. my setup is pretty simple
i am saving everything in one directory with
%showname%\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename% - (%airmonth%-%airday%-%airyear%)

Some shows/movies don't have season or episode info so they end up have SE in the filename without the numbers. EX. Bob the Builder - SE - Nuts(12-02-2016).mp4
what string can i use if no Season or episode info is available simply don't put SE in the title (save as Bob the builder - Nuts - (12-02-2016).mp4)
Coordinator
Jun 11 at 6:55 PM
From the documentation
%ifseason%<RenamePatternIfTrue,RenamePatternIfFalse> - If season if greater than 0 rename using True pattern, else rename using False pattern (v2.4.2+)
%ifepisode%<RenamePatternIfTrue,RenamePatternIfFalse> - If episode if greater than 0 rename using True pattern, else rename using False pattern (v2.4.2+)