This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Strange Audio Issue - Scene Descriptions

Jan 4, 2016 at 1:37 PM
I have searched and cannot find anything about this particular issue. I am running a comskip (mark only) and a mp4 conversion on all of my shows. In both tasks, I'm getting an extra audio description on top of the dialog. I do not get spoken subtitles, but it will describe an action. For example, there may be audio saying "Man opens door" when a character goes through a door. It's very strange and I'm not sure what I'm missing in the settings.
Coordinator
Jan 4, 2016 at 2:03 PM
What build are you using?

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:43 PM
I have tested from another machine to make sure that it wasn't something the DTBAddin was doing. It's definitely somehow burned into the converted mp4 and wtv files.
Jan 5, 2016 at 12:29 PM
After further inspection last night, I was running 2.4.2. I upgraded and the problem seems to have gone away.

I did change a couple of other settings. Comskip was pointing to the free version instead of the donator version, so perhaps that was the culprit.
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2016 at 1:41 PM
:) no it was not comskip. You have an extra audio track and sometimes the encoders get it wrong which default audio track to use. It has been documented on the forum and in the FAQ common issues page. We try out best to select the best audio tracks but sometimes it can't and you just need to manually figure it out.

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:29 PM
Ah, that makes sense. Sorry, my brain isn't working well today. I did set the audio track language, so that must have fixed it.

I tried to do a forum search and check out the FAQ before posting, but I must have been searching for the wrong thing.
Thanks for being patient with me. Great work on the program!