This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to convert video then move?

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:29 PM
I'm using HDHOMERUN DVR in a VM on Unraid, I have Plex running in docker on Unraid, and MCEBuddy runs within the VM on Unraid.

What I am trying to do is convert the recording to H.264 then move them to a monitored folded by Plex. I can get the files converted but do not see a way to copy them after they have been converted. Mounting a network share to Plex docker is proving to be a pain in the butt.

What would be nice is the ability to assign delays in Conversion task like you can for monitored locations, this way I could set one task to convert the video and after a delay long enough for the video to finish being converted the other task copies the file.

Anything I can use now that would allow be to do this?
Jan 5, 2016 at 7:37 PM
First you can daisy chain conversion tasks by linking monitor tasks. Set the output of one conversion task as the input of the net monitor task and link that to a second conversion task. Search daisy chain in the forum.

What are you planning on doing in the second conversion task that you can't do in the first?

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:54 PM
Currently I have to maintain the folder structure within the HDHOMERUN DVR record folder or the show gets recorded again. What I have it now is the converted video are just put back into the folders they came from.

Anyway to have a task only look for h.264 files for the daisy process?
Jan 5, 2016 at 8:38 PM
I would suggest you just write a PostCustomCommand to make a copy of the converted file and move it to whatever folder you want.