This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Enabling web optimized/faststart on MP4 Unprocessed profile

Jan 17, 2016 at 1:49 PM
I have been trying to enable the -movflags faststart option on the MP4 Unprocessed profile with commercial cutting enabled. I have tried adding it in the ffmpeg-video line within the profile so far and the resulting file is not web optimized.

ffmpeg-video=-movflags faststart -ss 3 -vcodec copy -sn

Has anyone else tried adding this option in MCE Buddy. Would I need to setup an additional step in my flow to re-process the file using ffmpeg after the segments have been combined?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2016 at 3:16 PM
Should not need additional steps, the *conversion* ffmpeg-video line is executed after all the segments have been merger which be default is done before conversion (you can change/override his in the profile)

Jan 17, 2016 at 6:32 PM
After doing a little more research here is what I found.

In my conversion task if I enable the "Download Information" and "Add Information" options, the resulting mp4 will be web optimized. I have verified this through MediaInfo and through Plex. The only difference I can see is that AtomicParsley is writing tags into the file. I'm not sure if AtomicParsley also has the ability to move the atom in the file as well or it it is doing it by default. The log file for the converted file is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6usUtzOY4kQZlp6OWsyZl95Nms

If I disable the "Download Information" and "Add Information" options, the resulting mp4 file is not web optimized. Again I verified this through MediaInfo and through Plex. The log file for the converted file is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6usUtzOY4kQOFVBOEZzMmVWTFE

In looking at the process flow for the conversion task it looks like I can add a custom command at the end. All I would be looking to do is copy all of the video/audio streams and run the -movflags faststart option as the last step in the conversion task so this might be another option to get this to work.