This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

WTV Unprocessed Conversion results in 9 minute file from an hour long TV show

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:23 PM
Hi all. I am an MCEBuddy newbie looking for some help.

Setup went fine and everything seems to make perfect sense. I merely want to use MCEBuddy to rename my files, strip commercials, and move them to another folder along with metadata info so that I can watch them on PLEX.

I was able to set up a WTV unprocessed task with no problems. Everything seemed to work correctly. The files were renamed, moved, and they show up in my PLEX app perfectly. However, the one hour long original was reduced to a 9-10 minute file. It did cut the commercials, but it also cut off the rest of the recording after 9-10 minutes of playing time.

I have checked all the settings that I can see and cannot see anything that might be doing this. I also tried it without cutting commercials, but got the same result.

Any ideas?

Ken
Jan 27, 2016 at 5:25 PM
By the way, I just tried a new conversion task using the MP$ High Quality profile and got the same result.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2016 at 7:27 PM
Use the unprocessed profiles. Other profiles convert to new codecs. Unprocessed profiles retains the original video.

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:11 PM
I used the WTV Unprocessed profile the first time and the resulting file was cut off at 9 minutes. Later, I tried the MP4 High Quality profile and got the same result. Can you think of any reason why it would do that?
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2016 at 11:26 PM
The file has an EOF in the middle at that marker. That's use to a defective tuner driver that's inserting EOF's in the middle of the file. Update your tuner driver

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:32 PM
Question. If you are using Plex to serve up the content, why aren't you converting to a different format from WTV? Isn't WTV only native to WMC?