This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Where is "Min Age Before Conversion" setting now?

Jan 30, 2016 at 6:42 PM
This setting appears to have disappeared in v2.4.3 from the location indicated in the user guide and I can't find it anywhere else. Currently MCEBuddy is attempting to encode all my recordings including recent ones and I don't want that.
Jan 30, 2016 at 6:49 PM
OK, I had to post this before I could find it. :) It's under the monitored folders settings.

BTW I am not a fan of the fixed selection list. Can't we go back to any number of hours or days? As it is I can choose 15 or 30 days but not 21. :(
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2016 at 6:04 AM
It's just to keep the UI simple. There's always a trade off. I have to ask, why 21? Why not 15 or 30?
Feb 5, 2016 at 1:16 AM
Why 21 and not 15 or 30? Because I want 21. I had 21 and now I don't. : ) It seems to me that the simplest thing would have been to retain the existing functionality, which just happened to provide the most flexibility. There isn't much simpler than a text box.

BTW, the UI is a little bit of a mess in general. The grouping of settings into both Advanced and Expert is strange and arbitrary. The only reliable way to find anything is to look everywhere. I can forgive all this though, as long as you allow me to do what I want to do even if it takes a little time to figure out where I have to do it.
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2016 at 5:03 AM
Talk about the UI some more please, why do you say it's a mess and how can we simplify it?
The intent was to keep the basic settings on the advanced page and more complicated power user settings on the expert page.

Nov 26, 2016 at 7:39 PM
The settings should all be in one place. One example of how to do this is the Notepad++ preferences dialog... or the Visual Studio options dialog. You have a table of contents on the left side of the dialog, that can be a flat list or hierarchical, and on the right of the dialog you have the actual options. This is a standard way of organizing a large number of settings and works well in practice.