This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

intel qnap

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:47 AM
I just ordered a ts-251+ intel based nas and I was wondering the best way to get mcebuddy up and running on it. I do not need transcoding just commercial removal It can run a vm but I prefer not to go that route. If i can find wine for it will that work. any advice is welcome. thanks
Feb 11, 2016 at 3:54 AM
I am unable to find wine for the qnap but I found this (http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/grand-chase-hacks-bots-cheats-exploits/454347-release-windows-xp-microxp-experience-83-25mb.html) I am more comfortable running this in a vm than a full windows install. would this work Just for mcebuddy and comskip for the hdhomerun dvr?
Feb 11, 2016 at 4:40 AM
I could not get it to install on virtualbox. i may have a old windows xp cd. if I can find it would it work. thanks
Feb 11, 2016 at 5:16 AM
please bare with me I have been brainstorming out loud here. It probably is not to secure to have a win xp vm on the network. new plan, can I run a ubuntu vm on the qnap and then run mcebuddy on wine on that. or do you think that I should just use a win 10 academic license that I already have. I am trying to keep the cpu load on the qnap as low as possible thanks
Feb 11, 2016 at 12:38 PM
just found this project. it should be much more light weight than win 10. please tell me that it is compatible with mcebuddy (https://www.reactos.org/)
Feb 11, 2016 at 5:19 PM
apparently reactos is still in alpha had has too many bugs. it is also too slow any other ideas?
Feb 12, 2016 at 2:02 AM
win xp is a bust. too slow/buggy. I will try 10 when the nas actually gets here
Feb 13, 2016 at 6:39 AM
I have it working in xp. the ffprobe build that came with mcebuddy threw a error so i replaced it with the latest build from zeranoe and it works. I am just not sure on the speed. where does mcebuddy store the list of converted files so It won't reconvert everything. I am uploading my log thanks
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2016 at 11:58 AM
In the history file

Feb 23, 2016 at 5:54 PM
I ended up just letting it find them then pressing delete in mcebuddy. I have it working in a win xp vm but it is slow I think with more and more dvr programs supporting linux it is about time that mcebuddy could run on linux also. There is something called mono. This allows you to run .NET programs on linux. I hope it helps
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2016 at 7:14 PM
Unfortunately it isn't as easy as that. Infact Microsoft has released .NET for Linux and MacOS. http://www.infoq.com/news/2015/05/NET-Linux-Mac
The issue is with the underlying programs (ffmpeg, handbrake, mediainfo, mencoder, comskip, showanalyzer, tsmuxer etc). They also need to run on Linux and MacOS.

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:07 PM
actually a quick google search shows all of those programs are compatible with linux except for show analyzer. but if we have comskip, who needs show analyzer.
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2016 at 2:04 AM
Well I guess one could try to move the binaries over to Linux and try it out. Do you want to give it a shot?

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:29 PM
I launched MCEBuddy.Service.exe from mono and according to px x | grep mono it ran just fine. Same for MCEBuddy.Service.CMD.exe MCEBuddy.Gui just showed the welcome popup but not the main ui. I tried to connect to the service using the gui on my windows pc but it could not connect. there were no log entries from mcebuddy. I did however get some debug data by running it with the --trace option. I will upload the log. thanks
Feb 26, 2016 at 3:08 PM
just updated mono with the latest version from the ppa. I am uploading my log